Monday, January 10, 2011

Girls Day Out--Savannah Gets Earrings

 Proud and excited girl
 Profile with earrings
 I have earrings
 Treat after getting her ears pierced
 Right afterwards
 Serious abot earrings--right after
 Looking in the mirror
 Yeah--I did it and I have earrings
 Getting ready
 Two seconds and it was done and no tears

 At Applebees to get nourishment for the big moment

I have made a concerted effort to have Savannah and Mommy time once a week.  We go shopping, out to eat, play outside when it is nice, get ice cream, go to a toy store, library, museum, etc.  Well, today was extra special.  Savannah has been asking for earrings and I told her when she is 5 she could get them.  Well, she is close to five.  We went to the mall over the weekend and there was a line for ear piercing and she watced other people get it done and she said she still wanted to.  I told her to think about it.  Well, for the past 2 days she has been talking about it non-stop and she said she definitely wants earrings.  So today, for Mommy and Savannah time we went to Applebees and then we went and got earrings.  We were so lucky that the store was empty and there were two people there, so they did both ears at the same time.  Not a tear was shed.  The people at Claire's said how good she was along with the woman at customer service that could see across and then said how pretty she looked and Savannah was beaming.  She was very happy and excited and she picked out her own pink flower 14kt gold earrings.  She is very proud of herself and we celebrated with chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.  Then we got a Rapunzel calendar to count and mark the days until she can change her earrings.  This was such a special milestone to share with my daughter.  I am bubbling over.  This is one thing I always dreamed of doing with my daughter and I was 5 too. Love these mommy and daughter bonding moments. 

1 comment:

  1. They look great! Such a special day for Mommy and Savannah - and it looks like Savannah won't ever forget this!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete