Saturday, April 25, 2009

6:36 a.m, Tokyo Time

So cute playing with her Legos. She wanted a tunnel for her cars. She built this on her own and said it was a tower.
Had to post this again, because I can't get enough. I love it.
Seth likes to "stand" His motor development for 6 weeks is amazing. He is trying to do so much.
Beautiful girl in Starbucks
Love that girl!
Savannah and I went to the potty in Starbucks and this is what we found when we came back. I am sure this will be common throughout our life. Both of them sleeping on the couch.
The best Miso Soup ever.
Our tofu at Hildalgo in Roppongi Hills West Walk.
This is how the table was set up at Hildalgo and Savannah kept playing tea party even though there were spices and sauces inside. She is right that it looks like her tea set.
Making her own fun in the apartment. Whenever she is "doing" something like this she says, "Look, Nana Doing." I guess it is because I say, "Savannah, what are you doing," a lot. So she says "Nana doing." I don't know what she thinks "doing" means. And when she says it, she laughs. Also, whenenver I tell her "Savannah, please stop, " she responds with, "Nana Bop." Then she laughs again. You definitely know what you say a lot when you have a toddler who repeats everything.
More "Nana Doing."
Savannah standing. When we say, "Look at Seth stand." Then she stands.
Stretching with Daddy. She also asks Rich to do squats and calf raises (which she calls one leg)
This is "Seth Doing" while "Nana Doing."
Cute and quiet watching her DVD.
Over the winter with the dryness Savannah developed a bad habit of picking her lips. When she remembers not to pick her lips, she gets a sticker. So now to remind her not to touch her lips, she takes a sticker and puts it on her lips. She is so funny.
Rubbing her brother's back to soothe him.
Rock-a-bye Baby
They will be best buddies one day! So sweet! Love these children more than words can say.
In less than 12 hours we will take off from Narita Airport and head back to the USA as a family of 4. We will have one more passenger than we left the USA with 27 days ago. Wow! It is quite amazing. From lift off, we should be in New York, 12 1/2 hours later, which would have us landing the same time we left Tokyo. The length of the flight and the time difference are almost the same, so they cancel each other out. So, we will lose no time theoretically, but will feel the time difference and the jet lag. We will stay with our family in NJ for two days and then head back to CT for Rich to take call over the weekend and head back to work on the 4th of May. Reality will hit really fast and I will be home with my 3 year old and newborn. Double Wow!
The flight will be interesting and I am sure everyone we are sitting around will be thrilled when they see us board the plane. We better apologize in advance. Savannah was an angel coming, but I don't know about the return flight with the addition of her brother who will be sitting on my lap.
Our last day in Tokyo was the worst weather day yet. It was 55 degrees and not just raining but pouring down so hard that you couldn't walk three feet without getting soaked. Rich did brave it to get Starbucks. It forced us to pack and clean up, because if it was gorgeous out we would have been out all day and up all night packing. It was actually a whole DAY job and couldn't have been put off. When we were done and the rain slowed, we went out to Wolfgang Puck for the last time and to Starbucks and then to the store to get another duffle bag and some extra formula and last minute things we needed before we leave.
The day before was chilly and overcast, but not raining. We went shopping and got last minute gifts and some keepsakes. We also had Teppanyaki, which it authentic hibatchi. We went at lunchtime, so the restaurant was non-smoking and the waiter spoke perfect English so he had the chef make us veggie dishes. It was amazing.
We are headed to the Intercontinental Brunch this morning to get a big, good, last meal before having little to nothing to eat for half a day. Then our last Tokyo Starbucks (which is WAY better than in the USA--atmosphere, coffee quality, and everything) before getting on a shuttle bus for an hour and a half and then all the hussle and bussle at the airport and getting through with an infant. Our last peaceful moments for awhile await.
So, it is time to say farewell to the Land of the Rising Sun, but it is not goodbye. We will be back and it will be one of our favorite places to visit with a very special place in our hearts. What an amazing experience we have had.

3 comments:

  1. That is a cute story with Savannah and her lips! :)

    I am praying for your flights! Your kids will do great and I am soooo excited you will be back! I have missed chatting with you! I can't wait to break the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH you are coming home! Probably are already home I can't think right now...LOL

    I hope your flights aren't/weren't bad with both kids!!!

    WELCOME HOME FAMILY OF 4 (Brody Family of 4)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhhh, you all are home!!! I hope that all went well with the flight. You all have had an amazing time and now the adventure begins with 2. Welcome HOme family of 4!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete