Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sweet Sister

My pictures are backwards today. Sorry! I feel such joy in my heart with Savannah and Seth. Savannah has been showing a bit of jealousy and little interest in the baby over the last few days. I know that is normal for her adjustment. Today, when I was preparing to feed him, she just picked up his bottle and gave it to him. It was the cutest and sweetest thing ever. She only held it for a few seconds and then said "Mama," but that is ok. Then she did it again so we could take pictures and video. After he ate we said we were going to change him and without being asked she got a diaper, the wipes, the diaper pad, and the powder and put it all out on the bed. Then I put his outfit and his socks on the bed and she separated his socks. She is coming around. When we get home, she is going to be an incredible big sister. And over the years they will have an amazing relationship. However, we had a very nice day in Omeotesando-dori. We went to go to the Crayon House which is a nice children's bookstore and toy store. The toys were very high quality and Savannah loved playing with the doll house, rocking horse, and blocks. She even sat and read books. They had books in both English and Japanese. We had heard that the Hiroba, the organic and vegetarian restaurant was excellent. However, we were there in-between lunch and dinner which was tea time. They had only three options--soup, salad and bread of the day, some dish with curry, and pasta of the day with tea or coffee and then cake, However, nobody spoke English and could tell us what the soup or the pasta of the day were. So, we had to leave. We walked around and the town was cute and there were high end stores, but we were starving and no restaurants had menus in English. So we went back to Roppongi and went to Outback. We loved it. Savannah could have spaghetti. We had a spinach dip, bread, salad, and chicken and veggie pasta and Savannah had plain spaghetti. The waiter spoke perfect English and the titles and descriptions of food were in English. How wonderful. Savannah also loved one of the waitresses. After that we went to the Midtown Park and Savannah played on the playground and we had Starbucks. We walked back when the sun started to go down.
Sunsetting over the pond at Midtown Park
Another sunset view
She loves this climbing structure at the Midtown
She is so good at it now too.
Playing at the Crayon House
She loved this wooden dollhouse
She could play dollhouse all day
I love this picture of Me and Seth
Happy Baby
Savannah just went over and picked up the bottle and started feeding him. Can you see my joy through my wet hair?
Houston, we have thumb sucker. He is fast asleep

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are able to get out and around. It was cold and rainy when we were there. I'm definitely taking notes of all the great places you're visiting for when we go back :)
    I know I say it each time but I love all the photos you post. You can never have too many photos. Thanks for Sharing. It looks like Seth is quite adjusted to his big sister, mommy and daddy. He's a very lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete