Friday, September 4, 2009
Beautiful Big Girl
Here is my beautiful big girl showing off her "spin" dress before we went to her preschool orientation.
She had a good first day with no tears. I did not get to talk to her teacher since dismissal was quite busy and confusing on the first day and we were in rush to get to speech (which should be 10 minutes away, but it took forever to get out and the traffic and school buses were terrible) and I had Seth, so yesterday I asked her how her day was and I did not get the most positive responses, basically saying that she doesn't sit, listen and says "no." Hello, she is THREE. That is what three year olds do. I would NEVER say that to a parent on the 2nd day of school. The only time I ever said something to a parent was if there child was upset, got hurt or hurt another child. If the child is not listening or engaged, I took that to mean my lessons wasn't interesting and I wasn't keeping them on track or they just needed to get up and stretch their legs after sitting and would have them come up and participate in the lesson, turn the pages, write on the board, etc. to bring their focus back. Also, they have not been taking her to the potty every 1/2 hour like I askd and I they said they would. The response I got is that they are starting that "next week." Water table, dinosaurs, or painting is something you start next week, not going to the potty. So, if your child doesn't ask they sit there wet or dirty. It is interfering with our routine and her training, which she was doing so well with. Lastly I put a note in her backpack about her not being at school today and I told her teacher (which is what we were told to do) and then when I brought Savannah home and unpacked her bag it was still there. Maybe she forgot, but what if it was important and something for the day. I am feeling incredibly guilty that I thought it was too much drive her to the Montesorri school that I really wanted her to go to which is over a half an hour away. That is the right place her for and I knew that in my heart and my mind since last November when we visited. We will have to see how this goes and I may change her in the new year and just drive and stay for 3 days a week for 3 hours and do activities with Seth in the area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Such a cutie on her first day!
ReplyDeleteIt stinks that this teacher is so self-centered that she didn't even think about what Savannah needed, only what SHE wanted to do. My friend told me that she eventually started lying to her day care provider, responding to complaints about normal 3-year old behavior with "Really? He never does that at home! At home he always listens to us, he does whatever we has, he's such a good boy. I'm really surprised. What were you doing when he did that?" Shameful that teachers have to play tricks like this on their children's teachers, but honestly you should point out that Savannah is a wonderful little girl! Tell her Dr. Stacy said so. :)
ReplyDelete