Well, we made it to March and in 11 days Seth will be one. Hard to believe. Last year this time was a different story and now we have our precious son who is almost one. We are looking forward to their birthday party and Puerto Rico and celebrating our baby boy turning 1 and our big girl turning 4.
In anticipation of Seth's big day I have been giving cups of milk and formula mixed, but mostly still bottles and mostly formula. Well, this past weekend I gave 50/50 milk/formula and mostly cups and he did great. I truly believe having Savannah as the role model makes this an easier transition for him. He wants to be just like his sister and his cup looks more like hers now and she encourages him and goes by him and they drink milk from a cup together. For her it was 33 months on a bottle and a 2 year struggle to convince her milk in a cup is great. For Seth, it appears it is going to be a pretty easy and fluid transition.
We accidently left Savannah's prized stuffed animal (she only has two she is really attached to and she has had them both almost since birth_, Lamby in Lake Placid. Luckily, it was recovered and safely mailed home to her. They are now reunited. I tried very hard to find a replacement Lamby, but Russ-Berrie does not make that exactly lamb from 2006 any longer. So, I did get a similar one, but it would never be an exact replacement for lamby. So maybe now we will travel with Lamby 2, so nothing happens to Lamby 1.
Happy March to everyone. March is a bittersweet time for us. Five years ago I lost my mom and then last year we lost a referral, but BOTH of my precious children were born in March and we got both of their referrals in March and we traveled in March to meet and pick up Seth. So there is joy and distractions to take some of the sadness away. I will always have to be up and cheerful and excited for my children's birthdays, which I always we be because they are truly gifts from the heavens above and are a blessing every day of our lives.









Way to go Seth with the drinking MILK from a cup :) Yay, what a big boy he is!
ReplyDeleteAlso glad to see that lamby made it home too - I bet Savannah was SO happy to see him!