Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Togetherness

Beautiful Savannah
Adorable Seth
Savannah gave Seth half her bagel, unsolicited.  Then she kept making him laugh out loud.
Eating bagels together
Yum
More laughing
Playing
Letting him figure it out, but there to help
Playing horse on the arm of the couch
Could this be more fun?
Seth started this game.  I think it is from Itsy Bitsy Yoga, because he sits on a bolster and does horse and train
This is Savannah's Self Portrait from October 2009, now look what she made at camp last week...
This is her self portrait she made last week at camp, July 2010.  Quite a difference and more sophisticated in 9 months.  I thought it was quite amazing the strides she has made.  Even her speech therapist said what good fine motor control she has.  She said there are no feet because there was no more paper.  Makes sense.

I just adore that fact that my children love to be together.  They love to play together, eat together, watch TV together, bathe together, sing together, etc.  They love each other so much and to the core.  Savannah says Seth is her very best friend.  It warms my heart and makes me almost cry.  They truly loved being together.  When just I am home, Seth wants to play with me, but if Savannah is here, she totally capivates his attention and all he wants to do is play with her and be with her.  And, the majority of the time she feels the same way and give him tons of love and attention.  She is also always looking out for him and making sure he has something to eat, something to drink, something to play with, a blanket to sleep with etc.  She holds his hands to walk.  She pushes him in his wagon.  She rubs his back when he is upset.  She helps change him, dress him, feed him, and brush his teeth.  She is the epitome of what a big sister should be.  I am so thrilled they have each other and think they are so lucky.  I don't understand why some agencies and/or adoption programs don't want families with children already at home to adopt, because observing our family dynamics I feel Seth is gaining SO much from having the influence of Savannah as well as us.  I think he is so fortunate and wish I had a big sister like Savannah.  But, through my children, I have everything I ever wished for.  And, they will always have each other.  That makes my heart happy.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Great pictures. Love the self portraits. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how much Savannah has matured and grown in such a short amount of time! Wow, those pictures!!!
    Great post too - made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete