Saturday, April 4, 2009
Mommy Loved Ginza
If you take Rodeo Drive of Beverly Hills, 5th Avenue in NYC, the Miracle Mile in Chicago, and Copley Center in Boston and put it all together you still don't have a shopping area as large and upscale as Ginza, but you catch my drift. We went to Ginza yesterday and on the weekends they close the main street to traffic and put tables and chairs in the center until 5:00 p.m. and people can stroll, shop, eat, etc. The weather was a bit overcast, but it wasn't as cold yesterday and the rain held off until after dinner when we were leaving anyway. Ginza is famous for big department stores, along with Tiffanys, Mikimoto, Jimmy Choo, Fendi, Louis Vouton, etc. We did mostly window shopping, but I found a unique children's boutique where I got Savannah some things and I went to H & M and my new favorite store UniQuo. They told us about it at the front desk downstairs and said they had children's clothes for $10 and that they recently opened a store in Soho, NY, the first one in the USA. It is very much like H & M and I actually bought a dress and sweater for me. Very unusual these days. Now I need some trendy shoes to match and I am set. I wonder if I can order online from Uniquo and have it sent here since it is a Japanese store/company. Hmmmm!
We went to a great cafe where I had iced green tea. At first we did not see Starbucks, but then we found it. We did not go though. We had already had our Starbucks and found this other cafe. Savannah took an hour nap and we thought maybe we could grab in some different cuisine for dinner and then give her food we brought, but no luck. We did our tour book's suggested walking tour and went to the International Forum while she was sleeping and she woke up just as we were going to dinner. So, we went...Italian. And had pizza and pasta. I even splurged and had tiramisu and guess who loved it--Savannah (the cream on top). Tiramisu is my favorite dessert ever. I wasn't even going to order it, but the people next to us did and that was it. I had to have it. It was my splurge day--bought myself something and had tiramisu.
Welcome to Ginza! The shopping here makes Roppongi, where we are staying, seem inexpensive.
Milk and Ginza--perfect together. It is a challenge to get Savannah to drink any milk here. I think it tastes different. Even soy.
Ginza is known for its glass building and lights at night.
Impressive architecture
Steets are pedestrian friendly on the weekends.
Stores galore!
Strolling the streets. Lots of window shopping.
Very crowded. Did everyone that was at Disneyland the day before come to Ginza today?
Enjoying a refreshing iced green tea.
Mommy was shopping and the stores were so crowded and narrow that Savannah stayed outside with Daddy.
Just chillin' in Ginza, needing a nap very soon.
More amazing views.
Fancy cafe where we had coffee and tea.
This Nordstrom like department store had a large area with children's toys of wooden puzzles, kitchen set, instruments, books, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Wow you guys are doing so many fun things!!!
ReplyDeleteSavannah is such a good girl with all the site seeing. Love the picture of her in the mickey ears on the last post!!!