Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend 2009--A Great Time

Computer frustrations abound today. I have been trying to upload photos from the weekend for 2 days with no luck. I got the i-phone photos to upload, with difficulty and lots of patience. I have lots of cute ones from the camera and hopefully I can get them on the blog at sometime. We had a wonderful weekend in New Jersey visiting friends and family. It was busy and a lot of work to pack and unpack. We got there late on Thursday night driving in torrential rain (the minivan did great) and then on Friday Papa took off and we saw Auntie I and cousins Caryn and Brian. Then on Saturday my roommate from college's daughter had her Bat Mitzvah. When we got home we went out to dinner with my dad and Sheila. On Sunday we had Father's Day Brunch at the Princeton Hyatt with Jeanne (Rich's sister), Bill, Caroline, and Juliette, Rich's parents and my dad. It was so nice. Savannah's favorite thing was to feed the fish in the lobby of the hotel. She had fun with her cousins and they got to meet Seth for the first time in person instead of on Skype. We came home on Monday (thanks to my aunt for coming over for 4 hours and watching the kids so we could pack up) in the rain again and now have unpacking to do. Luckily I did laundry and ran the dishwasher several times at my dad's house. Makes it a bit easier at home. Today Savannah starts mini-camp. It is just one day a week from 2-4 at My Gym. She goes by herself. She knows the people there and loves it, so I thought it would be a good way to ease her into school in the Fall. I signed her up for three sessions, but if she likes it I will do more. Here are the only pictures I could get to upload... Savannah's "gym" in our basement that Daddy set up for her...
Savannah's section of our basement (and one day for Seth to use too) Not Savannah's equipment
She is lifting weights.
Another view of Savannah's section Savannah and Seth's first Bat Mitzvah...
My dear friend Lisa dancing with Seth
Savannah moving and grooving
Mommy and her kiddos (the DJ gave out the hats and sunglasses)
Savannah looking so cool
Two cool cats
Mommy playing with Seth
Mommy and Seth (my stylist did my hair straight since it was SO humid she did not want it to frizz on me)
Mommy and son dance
Are you getting the theme of how I spent the day, not that I am complaining one bit--I love it!
Sitting nicely at the table. Even though she is not smiling, I thought she looks gorgeous. Meeting Cousin Brian...
This is my cousin Caryn's husband Brian. He did not get to meet Seth when we came home from Japan, so this is their first meeting.
Smiling together
What a gorgeous face!
Caryn feeding Seth AT FATHER'S DAY BRUNCH....
Aunt Jeanne feeding Seth with his cousins looking on
Aunt Jeanne playing Dora with Savannah
The girls and Seth
Seth with his Aunt and Cousins
Uncle Bill holding Seth
Beautiful Caroline holding handsome Seth
Precious Juliette holding Seth and sitting next to Savannah
Seth with Grandpa Marty
After Juliette held Seth, Savannah decided to sit on her lap.
Back home Father's Day night watching the US Open with Papa. Two peas out of the same pod watching sports together.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day! LOVE all of the photos from the weekend, looks busy, but FUN too! Savannah looked beautiful in her cute little dress - such the princess :)

    ReplyDelete