Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of School

Well, I did it. I dropped my baby who isn't a baby any more off for her first day of school. Mommy had more tears than Savannah as far as I know. She held her head high, was confident, all smiles and went into Mrs. Decker's class like she knew exactly what to do. As a parent, I guess you have done your job if your child is secure enough and happy enough to leave you without a tear. I certainly felt much better leaving without tears. 6 months ago Savannah couldn't have done this and now she is a different girl. I am so proud of her. I can't wait to hear about her day at "Mrs. Decker" (that is what she calls school).
Here are the pictures leaving today... Off to school... All set
Pretty--she picked out her dress, shoes, and socks and wanted her hair in braids.
The real deal!
Going into school by the sign
She is pointing at the plane she noticed and said it is going to Japan
Finding her cubby
By the door to her classroom (her red room)

4 comments:

  1. Awww, what a big girl! You have to be proud of the little girl that Savannah has become! I got teary as I saw the caption about the plane...I'm a softie! Maybe it was a plane just like we all rode and there was an anxious couple headed toward their dreams? You just never know. Made me think back to March when we were preparing :) Thanks Savannah!!! Glad she had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the fashion plate! I did read in some magazine (Entertainment? People?) that braids are very "in" this season...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She certaintly look like a big girl in those pics. I always smile b/c I think my kids dress better than me and all the other kids do too!

    ReplyDelete