Savannah had her Come and See today, which is orientation, at her school. She got to find her cubby, see her classroom, meet her classmates and her teacher and teacher's asssistant and explore her classroom and school. There are no 8 children in her class, 5 boys and 3 girls. She is the 2nd youngest in the class, since it is a mixed age class. Most of the children were born in 2005 and 3 in 2006, one in January, Savannah in March and another in April. I think she will look up to Sam, who is a year older than her and has very much her temperment and is quite shy. They played trains together and both seemed to have OCD. His parents were both there and were really nice too. Another boy in her class has a 6 week old brother and a little girl has a 7 month old sister. All of the kids there are much bigger than Savannah, especially the boys. She was happy without tears, so we will see how tomorrow goes. I am hoping for a smooth transition.
I love my mother's helper who came today. It was her first day and she reminds me a lot of my friend Nicole. Savannah loves her and she is excellent with her. She is a keeper and a definite babysitter.
Both kids got haircuts. They look adorable. I like my boy to look VERY boy. I took them to a new place, much closer than the other and it turns out the person that owns it is from the place we used to go and she has cut Savannah's hair before. Good news is she is also cutting adult hair now and she is going to do mine next week. I have not gotten it done since June. She is really nice and accomodating. Seth's is really short and cute. Now maybe people will stop saying he is a girl because he has so much hair. I don't know why people think that. I think I dress him SO boy.
Tomorrow will be a challenge getting Savannah to her first day of school by 12 and then picking her up and going right to speech. I will have one of mother's helpers here to watch Seth while I take her to school, so I can settle her in, but then I have to take Seth, who doesn't love the car by any stretch of the imagination to pick her up. Coordinating school is going to be a challenge.









Love their haircuts. We also like Logan to look very boy. Savannah's hair looks to thick and shiny, I'm so jealous!
ReplyDelete