Princess bed success. Rich got it together without too much stress, except one time when the pieces were mismarked (back and front) and the holes were on the wrong side for the ladder and he had to take it apart and redo it and I couldn't help him with the kids. We love how her room looks and she loves it too and is so excited. She did not want the full tent covering the entire bed, so we just put part of it for her alcove underneath her loft and put a chair, books, and non-Seth appropriate toys. We set up her TV and DVD and she stayed in her room last night! She watched DVD's until she fell asleep on her bean bag chair and then I put her in her bed and she stayed asleep from 12:45 a.m. to 5:40 a.m. When she got up, she did not cry. She just called me and said she wanted to get down and cuddle with Mommy. I brought her in bed with us and she fell right back to sleep. I want her to feel that she can come back and forth until she gets comfortable. It might be novel now and there will be setbacks, just like potty training, but that is ok. I just want her to make the decision and feel safe and secure. We are so proud of her. She totally understood that Mommy and Daddy are next door and she is going to stay in her room and she can watch DVD's, read or play until she is tired. She has always had difficulty inducing sleep and if this is what we need to do for now, it is ok. Each child develops differently and I think she will always be the one reading until the wee hours.
I would have loved a room like hers and we are so happy she loves it. A little girl's fairy tale room for our forever princess! They make slide beds in boy themes too, but I don't think we will elevate Seth when he is a toddler because he will jump out for the fun and thrill of it. Maybe he can have a car or train bed on the floor.









No comments:
Post a Comment