Sunday, January 10, 2010

Splish Splash and Princesses

I have discovered that the water moves and I can SPLASH! Who me? Splashing in the bath--never!
This is fun making Mommy, the floor and the counter all wet. Next bath--upstairs in the bathtub. It has been nice not having to lean over, but those days are over.
I can swim! Look at me reach and pull strokes!
Splish, Splash
A princess who is just about to dart off the couch and away from the camera. I was attempting to get her princess sweatshirt, princess sweatpants, sparkly sneakers and crown.
How is this Mommy?
Laughing girl who won't sit still for a photo opp
Running away and laughing
Fake smile because I asked her to
Yesterday we went to see Disney on Ice--Princess Fairytale (or something like that). It was wonderful and both kids enjoyed it. Savannah was a little scared at the fireworks, darkness, witches, etc., but she oooed and ahhhed and loved Cinderella and the princesses. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Tinkerbell also made appearances. All and all she loved it. She wore her light up necklace from Disney World and a crown. Seth watched, slept and ate. He was mesorized by the lights and really followed the ice skating. The skating was wonderful. They are so talented. We did not take the camera into the show, so I tried to get some princess pictures of Savannah, but she wasn't very agreeable. A princess does what she wants. She was so cute though in her princess sweatshirt and sweatpants.
Seth has discovered how to splash in the bath and boy does he have fun. I guess it is time to move him from the sink to the bathtub, unless I want a soaked kitchen. It has been so nice and easy not to have to bend over the tub, but those days are over. He had so much fun splashing around and figuring out the properties of water. He stayed in for a long time (until he had displaced all the water). Savannah never splashed in the pool or the bath. She doesn't like splashing to this day. That is one reason we have to give her private swimming lessons to learn to swim. If anyone splashes in the pool she covers her face and gets out. I guess Seth will be different. He smiled ear to ear when he splashed and got Mommy and Daddy all wet. Savannah left the kitchen immediately. It will be interesting when they are older and they play in the pool together and he splashes her.
It has been freezing cold here and we are staying warm and cozy. I dislike the winter very much and we are trying to plan the future and see where we may end up living. For now, we are planning a warm weather vacation! Whoo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Seth is cracking me up in his little tub! Such a cute water baby! Ava is like Seth in that regard and Logan is like Savannah. We are starting swim lessons in Feb. again. Hopefully Logan will do better this year...Might have to try the private lessons like Savannah.

    ReplyDelete