Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Doll Like Seth

I love dolls. Always have, always will, no matter how old I am. I like dolls that look like my children, dolls of different races and boy dolls and girl dolls. It is pretty easy to find a doll that looks like Savannah, but not as easy for Seth. I bought two. Once doesn't look like him at all (even though the description says that it is an Asian boy), but this baby kind of does. When I took it out of the box, I did not say a word about it, and Savannah said, "Doll like Seth." So, I guess there is something about it that looks like Seth. Both kids seems to enjoy it as you can see below. We went to Savannah's parent night orientation for her preschool last night. It was really informative and we both felt extremely comfortable with her teacher, Mrs. Decker. She is new to preschool, but has taught in the school district (special ed) since 1987. She is very warm and friendly. The best news is there are only 6 kids in the p.m. class, so that is wonderful for Savannah's first school experience. She does better in small groups. Also, they will be able to remind her and take her to the potty. Even though she has had no accidents for the last two days! Whoo Hoo! I hope we are turning the corner. There is one teacher and two teacher assistants, so that is a 1:2 teacher to student ratio. I am sure the class size will increase with people who sign up last minute and families that move to the area. So, even if it goes up to 8 or 10 that still is a reasonable size. They don't allow more than 14. I can't believe she starts school next Wednesday.
Our beautiful big girl with hair like Minnie Mouse done by her cousins So funny
Just a beauty
Yummy Yogurt
Love that sweet face
Yummy fingers
Auntie I tickling my toes
What is this? Does it look like me?
Not sure what to make of it
Very interesting. I can grab it, but can I get it into my mouth?
Smiles for "like Seth."
Rocking "Like Seth."
Kissing "Like Seth."
Savannah likes the doll a lot

1 comment:

  1. SO Sweet!

    The doll is so cute too!

    Hope that Savannah is having a better potty training day and that Seth is having a better sleep day! Hang In There!

    ReplyDelete