Saturday, May 2, 2009

Boppy's Are the World's BEST Invention!

Ok, I praise the person/company that came up with the Boppy and marketed it. And secondly I thank sincerely my friend Trish who gave me one. I love it and so does Seth. It makes life with a newborn so much easier and more comfortable. It is great for feeding, sleeping (him, not us, but the thought has crossed our mind), calming, hanging out, tummy time, etc. I just love it. I think I am going to get another one for upstairs/downstairs and maybe one for travel. If I knew how awesome it was I would have brought it to Japan. Little things make me so excited these days. We are still struggling with the jet lag, a newborn, and now had to add Rich being on call for the weekend to the mix. Of course, whenever Seth was sleeping the beeper was going off like crazy and visa versa. So, we basically had no sleep from 12:30 a.m. to 4:30 when Seth was up for a feeding and then Savannah got up at 4:45 a.m. and Rich left for the hospital at 5:15 a.m. He has twelve patients to round on, so he will be there all day and I am home with both children. Needless to say on 4 hours of sleep, I am not a happy camper. I have never been thrilled with his new job and now am even less enthralled. Something is going to have to give. I have found someone to help me over the summer, but I have to make it until then. She is a teacher with no summer job, but she said she can help me out after school until school ends if I need it. She is a dear friend and I used to teach with her and she is awesome with children and I love her like sister. That is the only type of person I would ever trust to be in my house and around my children. I don't trust anyone with them. Seth went back to sleep from 6:05 a.m. to 6:55 a.m. and now just went back to sleep again at 8:25 a.m. but he will want a bottle soon, so I don't have much time, so I thought I would blog quickly. Savannah has not taken any nap or rest, but she did sleep from 6:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. The day before she slept from 4:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. and the day before that from 3:00 p.m. to midnight and back to sleep at 5:00 a.m. for an hour. Poor thing is all mixed up and so are we. Well, I did not have as much time as I thought. There is the hunger cry. The plumber is on his way for the leaky valve in the basement. Then, I am going to brave it and go to Starbucks.
Fudige or Formula?
Beautiful Big sister Comfy in the Boppy
Feeding in the Boppy
Daddy and Seth with the Boppy
Mommy bopping baby in the Boppy
Savannah helping feed her baby brother in the Boppy
The Boppy makes feedings easier and more comfy
Doesn't get cuter than cuddling in the Boppy
Tummy time in the Boppy. He is doing so well already and wants to hold his head up

3 comments:

  1. I thought about getting a boppy, But Genesis is already moving all around, She scoots with her feet on her tummy & Back, So I'm not sure a boppy would do us. Looks nice though! She is growing up so quickly too, I hate that part...

    Your family is beautiful and Awesome!!!!!!!!

    Love ya Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the Boppy is great!!! You should definitely get one for upstairs. Kamden is mobile now but I still put it around him or he will lay on it while watching Baby Einstein. Love all the pix. Savannah looks so grown up now. She has definitely taken on the big sis roll like a champ. I hope that very soon you all will be rested up from Japan. Seth is such a cutie and I know that you all are such a happy family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my sister and how much she loved the boppy! I definitely takes some time getting used to another little one in the house but in a few weeks (months) you will be a pro!!

    ReplyDelete