Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Day At the Beach--Seth's First

We woke up to bluebird skies and bright sunshine with no storm clouds above and headed out to the beach today. We went to Short Sands Beach in York, Maine. It was very crowded being the end of the holiday, the first nice day in who knows how many days (or months) and fireworks in the evening. We luckily found a parking spot by a nice person telling us she was leaving and it was adjacent to the playground. How perfect. We gathered our belongings and two kids, which is harder than it sounds and found a nice space of the beach. We set up "camp" with our umbrella and neat sheet. Seth did not like it at first, but Rich got him to sleep and he resided in the stroller most of the day sleeping away. I am sure the sound of the ocean helped. He had a beach bottle and we went out for "linner" to the famous place called Goldfingers Kisses where they actually make their own ice cream and salt water taffy. Savannah had a ball on the beach and digging in the sand and jumping in the holes. She went by the Atlantic Ocean with Daddy and enjoyed the puddles of water from all the storms which made little wading pools on the sand. She called it the river. I took her on the playground which was really large and fun. She had a great day, but was very tired by 6:30 p.m. when we left and both kids slept in the car. Then I took Savannah in the pool and her swimming has improved so much. She is ready for the next level of lessons.
When we were finally done with the pool and all showered and changed, Seth was sleeping and we opted not to go to the fireworks, as it was very crowded and also I thought neither child would like the noise. Savannah did not like the fireworks at Disney. We will try next year. Due to the fireworks, we could not find any parking downtown to go to dinner. So we ended up at Applebees, which was fine. Now Seth and Rich are sleeping and Savannah is wide awake and I am just finishing the blog and then going to sleep myself. Good night!
We head home tomorrow. Too short a getaway and all that work to get here and now it is over. We had fun though. Now the fallout of home--the aftermath of just a few days away. Hand over the coffee and nobody gets hurt
I mean it--I am a bold kind of coffee guy too, Daddy! Little does Seth know that Daddy doesn't share his Starbucks easily. It was funny how he was grabbing for it.
I am also a yoga kind of guy
Look at me balance
Seth at te beach. Is there a baby under there?
Proof there is--here he is eating under the umbrella
And back to sleep--the waves crashing on the shore are a natural sound soother.
Beach girl digging right in
Serious about the beach
Savannah and Daddy heading towards the water. She loved the part she called "the river." It was water collected on the sand because there has been so much rain.
Mommy and her girl hanging on the blanket
Everyone needs to stay hydrated on the beach
Burrying myself Where's my foot?
Here it is!
Loves all the holes people build on the beach

Swinging on the playground

Bounce by myself
Here I come!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you guys had some nice weather. The beach pics are great. I would have been asleep too Seth! The picture of him grabbing the Starbucks..perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day at the beach. How nice! Glad you had a fun time and safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! I think Seth had grown so much these past couple of weeks!
    I'm happy Savannah loves the pool, I can't get either of my kids near one.
    Ava is terrified of fireworks also, but loves to watch them on the tv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the beach soooo much!

    ReplyDelete