Today Savannah had My Gym camp and did great and loves it. They said she is so good and so funny. Once she opens up and gets to know you, she is funny and so loveable. I went to Starbucks to give Seth a bottle and he was the hit of the coffee shop. At least 10 people must have stopped and said how adorable, precious. handsome, etc. he is. The entire time Savannah was at My Gym we sat a Starbucks making friends. I even exchanged e-mail with one person. If I was at Starbucks by myself for the same amount of time nobody would have said two words to me.
Yesterday Rich had off since he worked on Sunday which meant we were finally able to go to the park for the playgroup run by the class moms of the preschool class Savannah will be in this fall. I am so glad we got to go and Rich was there to chase Savannah around so I could talk to the moms. It was so nice and these people are great and I felt immediately comfortable with them. They are the same wave length as me and just "get" the things I was saying and feel the same way and have many of the same beliefs and philosophies on child rearing. Montesorri attracts a certain type of person, child and parent. I am so excited that there is a little girl adopted from Vietnam in her class. I am also concerned about the level of diversity living in the country. I feel even better about my decision to send her to this school meeting some of the people now. They said it is a very close knit commuity and you get a lot of support.
Seht is loving solid food more than words could ever express. He eats it up like it is the best things he has ever tasted. I am so glad the recommendation for introducing solid food was changed to 4 months from 6 months, because Seth was so ready, loves his food, and would have not been happy with only formula for the next two months. It is so cute how he opens his mouth and gets a big smile.
We got Savannah a princess tent and set it up over our futon in our room to protect her from the monster and the giants. We want her to feel safe and have a retreat to go to if she feels scared. She has a glow in the dark magic star wand, glow in the dark moons, stars and planets, dolls, stuffed animals, and her DVD player. She has not slept there yet, but she likes it and will play and watch DVD's. She also likes Mommy, Daddy, and Seth to come in with her. He lays on the boppy and it is sos cute. I am glad boys are allowed (for now), just no monsters, elephants (she doesn't like elephants) or giants.









Love the Princess tent idea!
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine the compliments/comments you were getting yesterday at Starbucks! Seth is sure a cute/handsome little guy I know I would approach someone with that adorable baby too :)
Great idea with the tent for Savannah. I hope everything worked out. You can't go wrong with a magic wand to protect you :)
ReplyDeleteI always am amazed how many people will interact with you when you have kids! It's like a whole new world opens up to you.
ReplyDeleteI love the tent idea. We are having lots of problems with Ava and sleeping and for the past week she's been sleeping with us, last night we moved her to our floor (she moves around so much at night neither my husband or I was getting much sleep).
Logan is scared of Curious George! He got a stuffed one for St. Nicks day and recently gave it to his cousin b/c he had a bad nightmare about it one night (something about Monkey George coming alive with red glowing eyes)
We have monsters and ghosts here. I really wish they would leave!!! We have taken to bribing her to sleep in her room. She picked out a princess rug but can't get it until she sleepas in her room. It sure would look cute on her floor..... someday
ReplyDeleteLove the tent idea. Looks like she is really enjoying it too.