Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My wonderful family--when I count my blessings I count these three TWICE!!!! I have gotten quite a gift this Mother's Day. A new life has entered our world, our hearts, and our family. I have the distinct honor to be called mother by two children. I am surely blessed. Through the sleepless night, the joy, the tears, and memories and the moments you will never forget like the first steps, the first words, a warm embrace, and those tender moments of your child peacefully sleeping on your shoulder. These years will pass fast and we will watch these amazing children grow up, develop, and emerge into incredible adults. We are here to nuture, to guide, and love them every step of the way. Here is a excerpt from my parenting class that I took that is very true. Enjoy! There are no requriements for this job. We don't need to pass a test or know someone at the top. We're parents because we want to be parents. That's the only requirement. Once we have the job we realize that we are unprepared for it and we are forced to learn how to do it by doing. Experience is our teacher. We get through the days and weeks and months by simply doing the best we can, doubting that we are equal to the task. It helps to remember that we are not alone. If we seem to be on overload as parents--in over our heads--we should remember that others before and since, including our own parents, felt the same way. Wishing all my dear friends and moms a very Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

  1. A very Happy Mother's Day to you Carrie! I love your blog post about parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you guys had a Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Mother's day for you. We're so happy for you! This will definitely be a memorable one.

    ReplyDelete